Editor Daniel Halton came on board in May 2023. Prior to joining the team, Daniel worked as an executive communications adviser for the National Judicial Institute, as a communications advisor for the senate campaign of Joseph Kennedy III and as the editor-in-chief for the Armenian General Benevolent Union magazine.
Deputy Editor Tara Siebarth came on board in October 2009, first as Web Editor, to manage both our website and our coverage of academic careers.
Pascale Castonguay is the Francophone Editor. She joined the team in February 2017. She contributes to enhance the French content of University Affairs.
Hannah Liddle is our Digital Journalist since January 2022. Her main tasks are managing our social media accounts and writing news and feature articles for both the print magazine and the website.
Mohamed Berrada is the Francophone Journalist. He joined the team in July 2023.
The rest of the team
- Publisher: Deborah Morrison
- Career Ads (print and web) : Renée Mindus
- Web banner advertising : Glen Ashworth
- Editorial display : Glen Ashworth
- Translation: Jessica Simoneau, Pascale Guertin, Idem Traduction
- Invoicing: Oum Essalah Taoutaou
- Art Direction: Underline Studio
Our occasional contributors to University Affairs are too numerous to mention. Our regular contributors include:
- Moira MacDonald
- Diane Peters
- Matthew Halliday
- Lesley Evans Ogden
- Emily Baron Cadloff
- Wendy Glauser
- Cailynn Klingbeil
- Magazine of the Year honours, professional category, at the 2015 Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Dozens of gold and silver medals in the Canadian Online Publishing Awards
- Nine gold medals and six silver medals in the Kenneth R. Wilson Awards in business publishing
- Two honorable mentions in the National Magazine Awards
- An Award for Excellence in Education Journalism by the Canadian Association of University Teachers
- An Editor of the Year citation (for Peggy Berkowitz) by the Professional Writers Association of Canada